It's very obvious. Goodreads reading challenge is definitely a must for those who claimed to love books and reading. This year, I challenge myself to read 125 books. But there are some considerations.
I really think most of the challenge I enter for year 2013 should focus on my To-Be-Read pile, especially those I owned already. You see, I have this habit to put books in my TBR list just because I thought it'd be great. Meanwhile, I also bought and bought books. And don't forget about the Net Galley. What can I say, I'm a book hoarder. :D
So there are actually several kinds of TBR on my list:
- The one I bought but not read it yet
- The one I thought would be great
- The one I've requested from Net Galley
- The one I got as a gift/present
- The one I won from giveaway
- The one I borrowed from friends.
The best solution so that I could keep focusing on my TBR is entering a reading challenge. I try my best to enter the challenge for reading books I believe I could manage because 2013 would be a busy year since I have to finish my study in June. And I really think that I should make some arrangement or schedule to my reading programs.
Here are the lists of challenge I signed up (sort by the date I signed up).
1. 2013 TBR Pile Challenge from http://evie-bookish.blogspot.com
This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 - Dec 31, 2013. Only books released in 2012 and earlier! NO 2013 ARCs and 2013 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed.
For more details, you can go to http://evie-bookish.blogspot.com
2. Take Control of our TBR piles! from http://www.caffeinatedbookreviewer.com
This challenge will begin from March 1st, 2013 to March 31, 2013. You are asked to read books from your TBR pile. ALL books must have been published before March 2013.
For rules and details, you can go to http://www.caffeinatedbookreviewer.com
3. "Sports" Reading Challenge from http://herdingcats-burningsoup.blogspot.com/
This challenge will run from 1 Januari to 31 December 2013. You are asked to read books with a hero/heroine that's into sports.
For rules and details, you can go to http://herdingcats-burningsoup.blogspot.com